Sunday, August 20, 2017

Gadget&ProtectionMods #02 - the Glove Mirror

I have done some experiments with different types of rearview mirrors. 
I started with a mirror in the palm of the glove
(using a flexible band around one finger and the bottom of the glove).
But it felt like that the turning of the hand when riding was a bit too much ... If you put the mirror on the outside of the glove, it is a more natural handmovement but it looks like you are drinking or looking closely at your watch every time you take a quick peak ;-)

so I went for a helmet mirror, the "Take A Look" mirror. The idea is soo simple and with a very cool design. But I ordered the "compact version", and sadly the mirror was to small to be of any real use:-(
Because I turn all the time (as a carving fanatic) there is a problem, to be able to see what I want to see, you have to ride straight forward :-)

my latest version is the best so far ... very simple add-on on the outside of the glove.
39 SKR  From BILTEMA

I always ride with hands in front of the body (natural skiing position and always prepared to roll or fall off because of cut-out or hidden pothole or other external events), so it is very easy to take a quick look ...

I will definitely use this mirror when I MonoSki next season ...it is such an easy way to get controll of things behind you ... when I have a gut-feeling that something is there, I can now quickly verify the feeling without loosing focus on going forward!

mirror in the palm 

the mirror was actually attached in the bottom as well

gadget man... 


the Take A Look mirror has many degrees of freedom 
and can easily be turned in any direction


looks very cool...but too small if you are constantly carving

new version ...best so far!

adjustable setting and a clip
(I added a screw to the clip so that it can not fall of)

No comments:

Post a Comment